A person’s weight may be underweight for a variety of reasons. Multiple underlying reasons can sometimes be linked. Underweight can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
The easiest approach to avoid this is to make sure you’re being supervised by someone who is qualified to do so.
If you’re underweight, your doctor can look for any health problems that may have contributed to your weight loss, such as:
- Improper metabolism of nutrients
- An overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism).
- Type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Coeliac disease a condition that stops your body from correctly digesting food.
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa.
- Body dysmorphic disorder.
- drugs that affect appetite
Once the cause of your weight loss has been identified, your doctor can advise you on how to adjust your diet, sometimes with the assistance of a dietician.
The type of food you’ll need to gain weight will be determined by the cause of your underweight.
People also ask:
- Which exercise is best for weight gain at home?
- 27 Amazing Immune System Booster Foods
- Does Sugar cause inflammation in the skin?
- Flax Seeds Weight Loss Drink | Recipe | Benefits | FAQs
- Mental Stress? You should know these before a solution.
Trusted Source. Please read the Disclaimer first